Create a better telehealth service for people with chronic conditions in Cairns
Virtual Outpatient Integration for Chronic Disease (VOICeD) Project
Closing date: 10am Friday 18 September 2020
Queensland Health is seeking far north Queensland people with diabetes, cardiac, kidney or other chronic disease to participate in codesign of a new service model, the VOICeD clinic. The VOICeD clinic will allow people to have one telehealth appointment to see their diabetes, renal and cardiac specialists at once. Consumers taking part in these workshops will be helping to create a service that best meets the needs of patients in far north Queensland like themselves.
Participants are asked to attend two workshops one week apart, two to three hours each in late September. The first workshop will be held face to face at the Cairns Hospital, the second via video conference.
The VOICeD Project is led by Queensland Health’s Statewide Diabetes Clinical Network, a network of clinicians, consumers and healthcare decision makers improving diabetes care in Queensland. https://clinicalexcellence.qld.gov.au/priority-areas/clinician-engagement/statewide-clinical-networks/diabetes
About the workshops
The codesign workshops will explore peoples experience and preferences around telehealth appointments and design how VOICeD clinics can offer a better experience.
- Workshop 1 will discuss the past experiences using telehealth and face-to-face services, what parts you liked, didn’t like and how you felt along the way.
- Workshop 2 will focus on designing a better experience for the new service.
Workshops will be facilitated by a leading user experience designer from Queensland University of Technology and supported by the VOICeD Project Officer.
Role of the consumer
Attend both workshops to actively participate and share their personal stories, experiences and preferences about their outpatient appointments. The information shared by consumers will contribute to the design of the new VOICeD clinic.
Who is it for?
This opportunity would suit people:
- With diabetes, cardiac, renal or other chronic conditions
- From a variety of ages and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with accessing care face-to-face and having one or more previous appointments by telehealth (phone or internet)
- Comfortable with using the internet is highly beneficial.
- Access to equipment and internet connection suitable for video conference. This includes camera and microphone, or a smartphone. Don’t have your own equipment? Contact your local health service or Health Consumers Queensland to see if there is equipment available for you to use.
Time and location
- Workshop 1: Face-to-face at Cairns Hospital,Monday 21 September
- Workshop 2: online via video conference, in the week following Workshop 1
Remuneration and Support
Participants will be paid for their time attending the workshop in line with Health Consumers Queensland’s remuneration position statement.
Parking and travel expenses within the Cairns region will be covered.
How to apply
Please complete this consumer application form and return to email@example.com by 10am Friday 18 September 2020
For assistance please contact Health Consumers Queensland via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07 3012 9090.