Health Consumers Queensland has an opportunity for four parents, parents-to-be, carers, close family loved ones, or anyone with a passion for the health and well-being of parents, bubs and kids with strong community connections to host an online discussion with their community connections about their experience with health care that supports pregnant people and families in the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN region
Closing date: 4pm, 26th March 2020
About the project
Health Consumers Queensland has been contracted by Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN (DDWMPHN) to facilitate four kitchen table discussions in early April to hear about your experience with health care in your community. Due to the current situation with COVID-19 we are moving from the kitchen table to online discussions.
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN are funded by the Australian Government to improve primary health care services (services that sit outside of a hospital) in the Darling Downs and West Moreton region.
To do this, the PHN works with the community and health care providers to identify how the services in the community are working, what can be improved and what is missing.
WHAT IS ‘TALK ABOUT’?
- ‘TALK ABOUT’ is a way for Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN to ask you about your experience with health care in your community.
- The PHN wants to ‘talk about’ what you think is working well and what you think could be done better.
- Throughout 2020, there will be 4 topics for you to give feedback on.
- To start the year, the PHN wants to ‘talk about’ PARENTS, PARENTS-TO-BE, BUBS AND KIDS.
About Online Kitchen Table Discussions
Online Kitchen Table Discussions are community engagement sessions led by local people for local people. They allow small groups to participate in discussions at a time of day that suits them. The discussions enable health consumers, carers and community members who do not ordinarily participate in healthcare consultation to have their say in a safe and supportive environment.
Each Online Kitchen Table Discussion will be led by a Consumer Host with a strong community network who will invite up to 10 community members to have a yarn using Zoom video conferencing to host their discussion. The Host guides the discussion with a set of questions provided to them and provides the feedback to Health Consumers Queensland.
Role of the Discussion Host
As the host, your role will be to plan, coordinate and host a once-only online 60-minute discussion with your community networks. This includes:
- Inviting up to 10 participants who would be interested in being part of the discussion on this important subject. They will be your local community connections (ideally, people who do not normally have their voice heard in healthcare).
- Choosing a time and date between 30th March and 10th April that works for your participants.
- Host the session online
- Complete and provide the discussion feedback to Health Consumers Queensland by 14th April.
To support you with this, you will receive:
- 45-minute training via a Zoom video conference call. Zoom is free to download and we will help you to set it up with your participants
- A comprehensive Host Guide and toolkit with all necessary documentation.
- Questions to ask participants during the discussion.
- Support from Health Consumers Queensland to ensure you have a successful session.
Who are we looking for as Hosts?
We would like our hosts to be parents or people with a passion for the health and well-being of parents, parents-to-be, bubs and kids, with strong community connections who can bring up to 10 people together for the online discussion.
Remuneration and Support
Hosts – you will be remunerated at Health Consumers Queensland’s half day meeting rate of $187.
Participants – Health Consumers Queensland will provide a $40 gift voucher for each Kitchen Table Discussion participant for their time.
How to apply
For assistance completing this application please contact Health Consumers Queensland via email@example.com or by phone on 07 3012 9090.
For queries relating to this opportunity, please email Anne Curtis, Engagement Consultant – Specific Projects, Health Consumers Queensland at firstname.lastname@example.org