Health Consumers Queensland has an opportunity for four consumers who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander to have a yarn with five members of their community about health services in the Darling Downs West Moreton Primary Care Network (DDWMPHN) region.
Closing date: 4pm, 4th June 2020
About the project
Health Consumers Queensland has been contracted by Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN (DDWMPHN) to facilitate four online community discussions in June to hear about your experience with health care in your community. Due to current social distancing measures, the Talk About session can be conducted online.
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is funded by the Australian Government to improve primary health care services (services that sit outside of a hospital) in the Darling Downs and West Moreton region. To do this, the PHN works with the community and health care providers to identify how the services in the community are working, what can be improved and what is missing.
What is ‘Talk About’
• ‘TALK ABOUT’ is a way for Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN to ask you about your experience with health care in your community.
• The PHN wants to ‘talk about’ what you think is working well and what you think could be done better.
Health Consumers Queensland provides opportunities for consumers to lead consultation with their own community. We do this via Kitchen Table Discussions which are community engagement sessions led by local people for local people. They allow small groups to participate in discussions at a time of day that suits them. The discussions enable health consumers, carers and community members who do not ordinarily participate in healthcare consultation to have their say in a safe and supportive environment.
We are seeking four Consumer Hosts with a strong community network who can bring together five community members to have a yarn using Zoom video conferencing or a way that works for you. The Host guides the discussion with a set of questions provided to them and provides the feedback to Health Consumers Queensland.
Role of the Discussion Host
As the host, your role will be to plan, coordinate and host. This includes:
– Inviting five community members who would be interested in being part of the discussion on this important subject.
– Choosing a time and date between 8th June and 22nd June that works for your participants.
– Complete and provide the feedback to Health Consumers Queensland by 24th June.
To support you with this, you will receive:
• Zoom video conference call to support you in hosting the consultation. Zoom is free to download and we will help you to set it up
• A comprehensive Host Guide and toolkit with all necessary documentation.
• Questions to ask participants during the discussion.
• Support from Health Consumers Queensland.
Who are we looking for as Hosts?
We would like our hosts to be people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people living in the DDWMPHN region with strong community connections.
Remuneration and Support
Hosts – you will be remunerated at Health Consumers Queensland’s half day meeting rate of $187.
Participants – Health Consumers Queensland will provide a $60 gift voucher for each participant for their time.
How to apply
Please complete this application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4.00pm on 4th June 2020.
For assistance completing this application please contact Health Consumers Queensland via email@example.com or by phone on 07 3012 9090.
For queries relating to this opportunity, please email Anne Curtis, Engagement Consultant – Specific Projects, Health Consumers Queensland at firstname.lastname@example.org