Engagement Snack Pack
Consumer engagement training for Queensland Health staff
Grab your lunch and join us each Thursday for quick consumer engagement training via videoconference. Designed specifically for Queensland Health staff, this series will give you the practical advice you need to create or strengthen your collaborative partnerships with consumers.
Who can participate?
Any staff of Queensland Health from the Department of Health and Hospital and Health Services.
How are the sessions structured?
Each 30-minute session begins with a 10-minute presentation followed by questions from the audience.
Weekly video conference at 12.00-12.30 pm beginning Thursday 23 July
What are benefits of participating?
- Short and focused
- Practical strategies and tips
- Allows for plenty of discussion
- Can be watched later for a limited time
- Free of charge
13 Aug: How to work effectively with consumers
- Keys to successful partnering
- Enablers for effective consumer partnerships
- Challenging the barriers to consumer partnerships
- Closing the feedback loop
20 Aug: How to support consumers to ensure successful partnerships
- Principles of partnerships
- Starting from recruitment through to completion of project
- Preparing your consumers for success
- Health and wellbeing of consumers
27 Aug: How to support staff to ensure successful partnerships
- Staff qualities needed for effective consumer partnerships
- Features of good practice
- Health and wellbeing of staff
3 and 10 September: Q&A
- There have been far more questions than we have had time to answer in the series. In these two bonus sessions we respond to some of the questions you have asked us.
Introduction to consumer partnerships
- Why partner?
- Value of consumer partnerships
- Role of a consumer
Best practice approach to consumer partnerships
- Health Consumers Queensland Consumer and Community Engagement Framework:
- Where partnering can happen
- When to partner
- Engagement spectrum
- Principles of engagement
How to involve consumers
- At different stages of a project
- At different stages of consumer partnerships