Co-design Workshops: Prevention and value in healthcare
Closing date: 8am Thursday 1 November 2018
Queensland Department of Health
Consumers are invited to a series of co-design workshops and meetings centred around the delivery of more and better healthcare through a focus on prevention and value.
In a series of co-design workshops and meetings, the Queensland Department of Health are seeking consumer input on a variety of topics, such as:
- Cardiac care – focus on care in regional and remote Queensland
- Orthopaedics – focus on hip fractures, and knee and hip replacements
- Older people – focus on delivering the right care, in the right place
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people’s health
- Patient experience surveys
- Healthy food and drink
- Queensland Ambulance Service – focus on providing care closer to home
Co-design workshops give consumers the chance to be a part of the key stakeholders, such as policy makers and clinicians, which help develop key policies and work on issues that will impact on Queenslanders across the state.
Role of the consumer
Consumers taking part in these activities will contribute to the understanding of the above topics in Queensland both now and into the future. To raise key consumer and community perspectives that others at the table may not raise. Considerations such as care that is safe and feels safe, and the barriers to accessing healthcare that may be cultural, financial or emotional. Consumers bring their lived experience and those of people in their networks to these discussions.
Who is it for?
Expressions of interest are invited from consumers who have experience or interest relevant to the topic they are applying for. Consumers are welcome to apply for as many topics as they wish.
Time and location
These activities will be held on various dates from mid-November through to early December. All activities will be held in Brisbane, with the exception of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people’s health activity, which will be held in Cairns.
- Tuesday 13 November, 1pm – 5pm: Cardiac co-design workshop
- Wednesday 14 November, 8am – 12pm: Older persons co-design workshop
- Wednesday 14 November, 1pm – 5pm: Orthopaedics co-design workshop
- Thursday 22 November: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people’s health outcomes roundtable in Cairns
Other dates and workshops to be confirmed. Consumers applying for topics not yet listed will be informed of dates as soon as they are confirmed.
Remuneration and Support
Consumers will be remunerated for their time in line with Health Consumers Queensland’s remuneration position statement.
Where required, travel and accommodation will be provided by Queensland Health
How to apply
For assistance completing this Expression of Interest, please contact Health Consumers Queensland via email@example.com or by phone on 07 3012 9090.
For queries relating to Queensland Health’s co-design workshops please send your enquiry to email RapidResults@health.qld.gov.au and the project team will contact you.