Closing date: Monday 3 August 2020, 9.00am
The Better Health North Queensland Alliance would like to invite two (2) health consumer representatives from North Queensland to join the strategic governing committee to inform and shape decisions to achieve their vision of Northern Queenslanders being as healthy as all Queenslanders.
Better Health North Queensland is a collaboration between the five North Queensland Hospital and Health Services; North West HHS, Torres and Cape HHS, Cairns and Hinterland HHS, Townsville HHS, Mackay HHS and other key partners working to improve the health of Northern Queenslanders.
The purpose of the Better Health NQ Alliance is to support the vision that ‘Northern Queenslanders will be as healthy as all Queenslanders’.
In partnership with consumers and carers, the Better Health North Queensland Alliance has a commitment to delivering healthcare differently by;
- Investing in prevention and primary healthcare
- Providing earlier and improved access to services
- Empowering our communities to live a better, healthier life.
It is anticipated that this strategic approach, will result in a system and service aligned northern region.
The principal function of the Alliance is to oversee the implementation of the Better Health NQ Master Service Plan and improve the health outcomes of northern residents by undertaking a collective approach to planning, designing, alliancing and commissioning of health services.
- Health Service Chief Executive, Mackay Hospital and Health Service
- Health Service Chief Executive, Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service
- Health Service Chief Executive, North West Hospital and Health Service
- Health Service Chief Executive, Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Service
- Health Service Chief Executive, Townsville Hospital and Health Service
- Chief Executive Officer, Northern Queensland Primary Health Network
- Chief Executive & General Manager, Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council
- Deputy Director-General (DDG), Clinical Excellence Division, Queensland Health
- DDG, Healthcare Purchasing and System Performance Division, Queensland Health
- Assistant DDG, Strategy, Policy and Planning Division, Queensland Health
- Chief Executive Officer, Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council
- Two consumer representatives
See Terms of Reference.
Role of the consumer
The role of the successful applicant will be to attend all Steering Committee meetings and to actively participate in all Steering Committee activities such as pre-meeting reading, discussions, provision of feedback and advice.
Who is it for?
This opportunity would suit a consumer or carer representative who:
- Has at least 6 months’ committee experience, either at the Hospital and Health Service, or Statewide level.
- Are living in North Queensland: Mackay, Cairns, Torres and Cape, North West or Townsville
- Has an interest or a lived experience or caring for someone with a complex and/or chronic disease and rural and remote health.
We welcome people living in rural and remote areas and Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander consumer representatives to apply.
Time and location
Meetings take place bi-monthly on the second Monday from 2.00 – 4.00 PM via videoconference.
14 September 2020
09 November 2020
Remuneration and Support
Consumers will be remunerated for their time in line with Health Consumers Queensland’s remuneration position statement. Parking and travel expenses will be covered.
Support and information will be provided by the secretariat of the committee.
How to apply
Please complete this consumer application form and return to [email protected] by Monday 27 July 5pm. For assistance please contact Health Consumers Queensland via con[email protected] or by phone on 07 3012 9090.