Closing date: 4pm, Friday, 4 November 2022
Health Consumers Queensland has an opportunity for 20 health consumers to host a Kitchen Table Discussion or Yarning Circle with their local community connections to inform the new Queensland Women’s Health Strategy.
About the project
The development of a new Queensland women’s health strategy will be led by the Minister for Health and Ambulance Services and is a signature action of the Queensland Women’s Strategy 2022-27 (Queensland Women’s Strategy) released in March 2022. As outlined in the Queensland Women’s Strategy, the Queensland Government is committed to advancing the rights and interests of women and girls and to work to achieve gender equality in Queensland. This includes implementing a Queensland women’s health strategy to address health inequity and improved accessibility to healthcare for women and girls. Specifically, the Queensland Women’s Strategy commitment is: Strengthening the health and wellbeing of women and girls, including through a new dedicated Queensland Women’s Health Strategy.
Who are we looking for as Consumer or Carer Hosts?
We want to reach women and girls of all ages across Queensland, including in rural and remote areas, so we’d like you to have strong community connections and be able to invite a group of 10 participants.
We’d also like to reach women and girls who are representative of one or more priority communities including:
• First Nations women and girls
• Women and girls from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities
• LGBTQIA+ community
• Women and girls with disability
• Women and girls in custody and those who have recently left custody.
Role of the Kitchen Table Discussion Host or Yarning Circle Host
As the host, your role will be to plan, coordinate and host a once-only 90 minute to two hour discussion with community members. This includes:
· Invite local community to participate (ideally, community members who do not normally have their voice heard in healthcare).
· Choosing a time, date and venue between 9th November and 23rd November and host your session.
· Complete and provide the discussion feedback to Health Consumers Queensland by 24th November.
You will receive training, a host guide and toolkit with all printed documentation and support from Health Consumers Queensland to host and complete the session.
Find out more and apply using Word here >
Find out more and apply online or via your mobile here >