Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 23 March 2021
Health Consumers Queensland seeks four emerging consumer or carer representatives of varying skills levels from across the State to join our Consumer Advisory Group to inform our work and ensure we are a consumer-driven and led organisation.
Purpose of the Consumer Advisory Group:
- To inform into specific projects, such as our Annual Forum, Annual Survey, consumer capacity building, how to better engage with consumers online, input and advice about website, external communications publications and training content design and development.
- Identify opportunities for Health Consumers Queensland to further build consumer and health staff capacity to strengthen future consumer partnerships.
- Identify emerging issues or trends in consumer engagement that need to be addressed.
- Develop, support and mentor current and emerging consumer leaders.
What experience and qualities are we looking for
- Lived experience as a health consumer or carer.
- Some experience as a health consumer representative or a desire to develop good partnerships.
- Active in their community, with strong community networks.
- Have a sound understanding of local, regional and/or statewide health issues.
- Have a strong interest and passion for health system reform.
- Ability to identify and advise HCQ on priority areas and issues relating to consumer and community partnering/engagement.
- Raise issues and recommendations of a systemic nature, from a consumer perspective, to drive consumer-led/co-design projects in health.
- Ability to make a long-term commitment (2 years).
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, male, youth and LGBIQT+ consumers are strongly encouraged to apply.