Closing date: 9am, Monday, 15th March 2021
Ryan’s Rule is a three-step process to support patients of any age, their families and carers, to raise concerns if a patient’s health condition is getting worse or not improving as well as expected. Ryan’s Rule applies to all patients admitted to any Queensland Health public hospital—including the emergency department—and in some Hospital in the Home (HITH) services.
The Department of Health welcomes applications to join the Statewide Ryan’s Rule Committee to make improvements to the statewide Ryan’s Rule Program from a consumer and carer perspective.
The Statewide Ryan’s Rule Committee acts a forum and decision-making body for to support and maintain all aspects of the statewide Ryan’s Rule Program. The program includes 170 individual public facilities around Queensland.
The primary function of the committee is to:
- Discuss issues and provide strategic advice from a statewide perspective
- Ensure safety and quality of the program
- Improve the usage of the Ryan’s Rule Program across various population groups
- Review and provide feedback on communication and media
- Understand gaps or pressure points of the Program to target improvements
This opportunity would suit a consumer or carer representative with at least 6 -12 months committee experience, either at the Hospital and Health Service, or Statewide level. A lived experience of accessing maternity services, mental health service and caring for someone who has accessed pediatric services would be of particular interest.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 15 March 2021