Closing date: Wednesday 6 October 2021
The Queensland Clinical Networks’ Executive (QCNE) is seeking a consumer representative to be part of the team. The QCNE role is to be strategically involved in healthcare innovation and initiatives to improve healthcare service delivery and patient outcomes.
The QCNE is a small executive team of clinical network chairs. They have been convened to provide a visible leadership structure for clinical networks enabling effective and efficient engagement with stakeholders from across the health system.
Role of the consumer
- Actively participate in QCNE discussions.
- Confidently advocate on behalf of people they will be asked to represent.
- Bring a consumer / carer perspective to all discussion and decision-making.
- Possess a good understanding of matters that affect people receiving health services.
- Have well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team and maintain good working relationships with team members and other stakeholders.
Who is it for?
This opportunity would suit a consumer or carer representative with:
- at least six months experience sitting on an executive committee of a Statewide Clinical Network
- an excellent track record of working with multi-disciplinary clinical teams
- a good understanding of the future of healthcare from a consumer or carer perspective
- well developed written and communication skills
- demonstrated innovative and creative approaches to address complex organisational issues using a quality improvement framework.
- the ability to use high level of negation and conflict management skills
Read the Terms of Reference. These documents are currently being reviewed.