Engagement Snack Pack
Consumer engagement training for Queensland Health staff
Designed specifically for Queensland Health staff, this series will give you the practical advice you need to create or strengthen your collaborative partnerships with consumers.
Who can participate?
Any staff of Queensland Health from the Department of Health and Hospital and Health Services.
How are the sessions structured?
Each 30-minute session begins with a 10-minute presentation followed by questions from the audience.
Fortnightly video conference at 12.00-12.30 pm beginning Tuesday 13 October
What are benefits of participating?
- Short and focused
- Practical strategies and tips
- Allows for plenty of discussion
- Can be watched later for a limited time
- Free of charge
- Our learning and support for health organisation staff will begin again in 2021
8 December: How to support staff to ensure successful partnerships
- Staff qualities needed for effective consumer partnerships
- Features of good practice
- Health and wellbeing of staff
- Guide for Health Staff Partnering with Consumers
- Further tips and ideas for staff on how to work with consumers on pg. 28.
- How to end partnerships pg. 29.
- What to do when things are not working pg. 30. Key questions to reflect on that will give ideas on actions you can take
24 November: How to support consumers to ensure successful partnerships
- Principles of partnerships
- Preparing your consumers for success
- Enablers for effective consumer partnerships
- Health and wellbeing of consumers
10 November: Top tips for working effectively with consumers
- Keys to successful partnering
- Starting from recruitment through to completion of project
- Challenging the barriers to consumer partnerships
- Closing the feedback loop
27 October: Best practice approach to consumer partnerships
- Health Consumers Queensland Consumer and Community Engagement Framework:
- Where partnering can happen
- When to partner
- Engagement spectrum
- Principles of engagement
- Consumer and Community Engagement Framework
- Guide for Health Staff Partnering with Consumers pages 9-14
13 October: Introduction to consumer partnerships
- Why partner?
- Value of consumer partnerships
- Role of a consumer