What do we do?Supporting Queensland consumers and health services to partner for better health outcomes.
How do we do that?
Our focus is on partnerships between health consumers and health services that influence and lead improvements for better health delivery for all Queenslanders. We do this through:
- Our Queensland-wide network
- Tailored training and skills development programs for consumers and health staff
- Supporting opportunities for consumer representation at all levels of the health system
- Providing strategic advice to health organisation staff and health consumer representatives
What are we not able to assist with?
Health Consumers Queensland works to improve health care deliver at a systems level. Unfortunately, we are not able to assist with individual complaints or one-on-one advocacy. However, the links on our Unhappy with your healthcare? page may help you if you are looking for support with a problem with a health service.
Our guiding principles:
Health Consumers Queensland is committed to:
- Influencing individual and system change in health services through ensuring the consumer perspective is central in the planning, design, delivery, monitoring and evaluation at all levels.
- Partnerships and collaboration with organisations, service providers and stakeholders.
- Quality, safe, affordable, timely and accessible services that deliver the right care, at the right time and the right place.
All people have a right to affordable and accessible health services that meet all of their physical, social, emotional and cultural preferences.
Health Consumers Queensland focus on increasing the voices of vulnerable population groups and assist them to understand how they can have a voice in developing health services. With access and equity in mind, we partner with people and organisations with a focus on the following:
- Culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD)
- Physical and intellectual disability
- Lived mental health experience
- Socially and geographically isolated
- Socioeconomically disadvantaged